Romil's Online Box...

One Junction For Jokes, Stories, Bolly News, Poetries and many other stuffs

Top 10 Bollywood movies of 2008...

Bollywood offered us a lot many movies in 2008. Some were hit, some performed average while many were big flops. Irrespective of their commercial performance or critics' acceptance, here is my list of 10 best movies of 2008.(Click on the image to enlarge...)

10 Best Bollyood Movies, 2008:
1: A Wednesday:
I have not met one such person who saw A Wednesday and did not like it. A "stupid common man" taking revenge against terrorists in his own way is something worth watching. Anupam Kher and Naseeruddin Shah are legends. They are actors above par.
In a nation like ours, where every citizen wishes evil for the terrorists, A Wednesday is a movie that everybody can relate to. Every Indian must watch the film atleast once.
According to me, A Wednesday was the best movie of 2008.



2: Ghajini:
Aamir is a perfect actor. Ghajini is a perfect movie. I need not describe Aamir's efficiency in playing Sanjay. He was superb. Asin is good actress too. Nobody else could have played the lead better than her. With Ghajini, it is after a long time that I actually saw some excellent action scenes. Jiah Khan's on-screen presence surely, is ridiculous. I really wish Ghajini whould have killed her at the end and then Aamir would have began his fight with Ghajini. Anyways, the film is not all that was appreciated. Aamir's hairstyle and physique are also something that received huge following.
A beautiful blend of action and romance, Ghajini, the blockbuster, is at number two.



3: Jaane tu.. Ya jaane na/ Jannat:
Simplicity succeeds. Jaane tu.. is a simple film that turned out to be one of the biggest blockbusters. The music and the story are what placed the movie at the top positions in the charts. Imran acted well in the film. But the sweet boy suits only in roles like the one he plays in Jaane tu... He is not at all a correct choice to play roles like the one he plays in Kidnap. Genelia and others have acted with equal brilliancy. I am not a Genelia fan. But, I know that post-Jaane tu.., she does have a lot of male fans. The music of the film is legendary. Kabhi Kabhi Aditi tops music charts till today.
Jannat is another great movie I watched last year. Emran has improved a lot with his acting. Sonal is very gorgeous and she has acted well in the movie considering this her debut. To add to it, Jannat had a powerful story. Unfortunately, not many watched the movie and therefore, it was not very successful. Audience cannot be blamed. Emran's movie log has tons of movies that were pathetic and all they were watched for was because of kisses or bed scenes in them. On the contrary, Jannat has no vulgarity at all. Plus, it actually had a good story. I think that Jannat is Emran's best till date.
While one enjoyed stupendous success and other was appreciated by just a few, Imran and Emran tie at number three.



4: Dostana:
Dostana does not, officially, fall into the category of a comedy film. Though, it turned out to be the most comedy film of the year. It was way better than other comic flicks relased last year like Golmaal Returns and C Kkompany. John and Priyanka turn out to be the hottest actors of bollywood. But, entierly, the film offered an overdose of gaypanti. Gay humor is funny. But, it turns irritating when superfluous. Another big drawback of the film was Bobby Deol. Anybody else could have played the character. Yet, a fresh storyline and talented performances outweigh that drawback.
A laughter treat for all broad-minded people, Dostana stands at number four.


5: Rock On:
Farhan Akhtar rocks in his debut movie. I loved the story of the four friends and their rock band. Even the songs of the film are good. Ye tumhari meri baatein is my favourite. Good story, good music and good actors together created magik on screen. All I'd grumble for is the fact that I found the film over-hyped by masses. I mean it was good but certainly not one of the best movies I have ever seen.
A simple yet powerful film, I list Rock On at number five.


6: Fashion:
Madhur Bhandarkar tastes success with another reality based movie of his, Fashion. All three leading actresses have played the characters, assigned to them, extremely well. Thanks to their modelling background that Kangana and Mugdha ramp-walk way better than Priyanka does. Thankfully, Kangna had few dialogues in the film. I am not being harsh, but, I have a vomiting sensation when I hear Kangana Ranaut speak. She is one bollywood actor who needs dubbing. But, on the other hand, I'm her fan when it comes to ramp-walking. A very interesting comment I heard about the film was: "Kangana chali, isliye picture chali.".
Fashion listed at number six is a must watch.


7: Rab ne bana di jodi:
One question that is still unanswered to me is that why did the media over hype such an average movie? I need not mention that Shahrukh Khan is a successful actor, but, I would love to watch any other actor to play Surinder Sahni and Raj. Anushka Sharma delivers quite mature acting in her debut film. Now something that I heard from most of the people who saw the film is that the film moves slowly. I disagree with them. According to me, the film crawls. The emotional scenes are presented in a very boring manner. If the story of Rab ne.. would have had been handled by Abbas-Mustan, then they would have wrapped the entire movie in just one scene.
Rab ne.. stands at number seven by being just an ordinary love story of an ordinary couple.



8: Jodhaa Akbar:
Hirthik, undoubtedly, is simply awesome. He plays a character in such a way that we just cannot even imagine anybody else playing it. Remember Dhoom 2? It was entirely Hrithik's movie. Abhishek and Aishwarya were just supporting and Bipasha and Uday were just not needed. Coming back to Jodhaa Akbar, even Aishwarya acted very well. But, it was just the acting that attracted audience towards the film. Facts like the film was too long contributed against it's success. You might even find the film dull at many places.
With talented leads playing in a weak storyline, Jodhaa Akbar is at number eight.



9: Oye Lucky Lucky Oye/ Race:
I would have lot of people agree with me if I would say that Abhay Deol is a better actor than his brothers Sunny and Bobby when it comes to serious acting. Now, Sunny Deol has a benefit of experience but, any damn person can act better than Bobby. Speaking about the film, Oye Lucky... has a great storyline and great actors as well. The more I was watching it, the more I wanted to watch it. But, eventually, that turned out to be the con of the film because I wanted to see more of the film even after its end. The film lost pace at certain places too. But overall, Oye Lucky... was a much needed change for us, from the usual bollywood masala cinemas.
Race was the "fastest" movie I saw last year. By fastest I mean that the movie never lost its progression. Abbas-Mustan really know how to absorb the audience into the film. Race offered twists and climaxes that were accepted easily by the audiences.
Two movies, very much opposite to each other tie at number nine.


10: Singh is Kinng:
Akshay Kumar adds another hit to his list with Singh is Kinng. The film recorded one of the most successful box-office openings. What I liked in the film were certain fresh and original comic pieces. Ofcourse, Katrina was another reason why one would watch the movie. What I did not like was that the movie was a typical Akshay-Kumar comic flick like Garam Masala, Bhagam Bhag, Namaste London etc. and personally I feel that Akshay Kumar has quite over-dosed the public with such custom cinemas.
With the film offering a dose of typical humor, I list Singh is Kinng at number ten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gift me...


Hits...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers